6.5.11

Man Shape Guest Blogger - Sir Peter Fleming

My dear virtual friends, this is becoming a regular & very pleasant task.  So again, I find myself thanking your usual host, for having faith in me to deliver some musing to you all.  I hope you will enjoy.

I was watching this animated piece on mrporter.com


which worked for me on a number of levels, aurally, visually & stylistically.  On the style front, at 00.27 into the video, you will see quite the best ensemble of a look.  Rocking the Brit fashion front are the jacket by Alexander McQueen, with the shirt by Burberry.  But I digress, it made me wonder who the creative peeps behind the video were.  A little fast fingered searching led me to nowness.com & boy what a pleasure!

I lost most of the remainder of the day watching & re-watching their wares.  Highlights just in the fashion section include the pieces for Oliver Peoples, Bottega Veneta, Janie Taylor for Chloé & Johan Lindeberg's BLK DNM.

I have to take this opportunity to comment on the boys fashion at the Royal Wedding.  Much has been written about the girls, but which of the men shapes where making a statement?


DB wore Ralph Lauren well & his hair was looking good, only slight faux pas was the wearing of his OBE on the wrong side (basics David, basics!).

Prince William rocked the uniform look in an understated number by Gieves & Hawkes.

Understated is certainly not the word for Prince Harry's number!  Loving the gold braid on black look though!

No comments:

Post a Comment