15.12.10

Sometimes you have to take a step back, in order to take a step forward

Everyday we are boxed into believing that this is it.  Working in a dead end job nine to five, struggling to make ends meet, the general daily grind, with marriage & children nicely parked at the end.  That's all we should expect & adhere to.  But I say no, that's not what my life is made of!  If that's it, well, I'd rather end it now.  Why let life be so predictable, why stay within the lines that other people choose to draw around you.

You have an entire world to explore, billions of people to meet & experience a world of possibilities with.  Why choose to ignore that?  Well, I guess people do it out of fear.  A fear of failure, that the choices they make, might just turn out to be the wrong ones.  That possibly they'll end up destitute & alone.

I admit, that yes, that could happen.  But maybe taking the risk, no matter if you fail or succeed, would be better than what you were doing before, living a life in a safe house of your own making.

After all, isn't life for living?

I have at times & up until recently allowed myself to fall back into my comfort zone.  Working six days a week to live, what is essentially, a very basic existence.  Work, TV, Eat, Sleep, Party.  But I no longer want this cycle to rule my life.  Yes, it may be simple, easy & most importantly safe, but people throw themselves out of planes for Christ's sake, just to avoid feeling any of those things & you know what, they enjoy it!  Yes, they could die, but they would have died doing something they loved, something that brought them joy.

If you died today, could you really look back on your life & think 'yep, I did everything I wanted to, I'm content'?  'Cause I for one wouldn't!

Sometimes in life, you have to make the decision to follow your own thought process, to take a leap of faith & trust that, even if you fail, you made the right decision.  Because at the end of the day, there is no wrong or right, just the eventual consequences of your actions.

God gave you the ability to dream for a reason.  You have a mind, yet you choose not to use it.  If you want to do something, take a chance & do it.  What's the worst that could happen?  It's better to regret that which you have done, than that which you never had the courage to.

In the words of someone far more talented than I (not hard really), "You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I may be a bum, but I'm a happy one.

1 comment:

  1. In my humble opinion, and under my own free will, i have felt the need to communicate to you, that personally i rate this as the best so far. The half irishman ;) x

    P.S. somehow i have forgotten my login

    ReplyDelete