12.12.10

Fun at The Gun

I finally made my move to the coast on Friday & was happily reunited with Mr Piggles.  His little pug face made all the stress & heavy lifting worth it!  Got the tree up & decorated, unfortunately however, my Christmas cheer was dampened when my phone decided to go kamikaze & leap off the kitchen table & onto the tiled floor.  A severely shattered screen does not bode well.


One sleep down & I was back to town for my final day at work & then when that was over it was straight to St. George's Church in Brighton with Ellie, for a bit of Johnny Flynn, who's been supporting Mumford & Sons on their recent UK tour.  It was a beautiful setting with a bar lit with fairy lights (oooh I do love a bit of good lighting), mulled wine & some amazing talent, including the supporting acts.  If only every visit to church was this good, I might become one of the congregation!

After that we hopped back to Findon & went straight to The Gun Inn, for a little tipple or two (three, four...five).  The Gun is most definitely our favourite place to be!  It's run by the gorgeously youthful Sally, who runs front of house & her very talented husband Lewis, who creates the menu's delights.  It's got great staff & we're always made to feel welcome, so much so we maybe forgot to leave when the doors were ready to be closed!


This fine Sunday morning we picked up Ellie's grandparents & headed back to The Gun for a spot of lunch.  Ellie had the belly of pork, which is always melt in your mouth ama-ziiing & I went for the turkey.  My first of the season!  Thinking I'm not as big a fan of it as previously thought.  May I suggest goose this year?  A shared sticky toffee pudding accompanied by vanilla ice cream, was the perfect ending to a rather scrumptious lunch.

After five hours of driving in two days, I am DONE!  [yawn]

Got my first day working in Canterbury tomorrow, mild apprehension setting in.  Until then I'm going to enjoy a snuggle on the sofa with Piggles, chocolate in hand & the X Factor results on the TV.  Oooh eeer!

No comments:

Post a Comment