31.1.14

RECIPE: Broccoli & Sweet Potato Soup

Oh January, all the dampness of December, without the glitter of Christmas lights, to make it bearable.  Having battled the rain for the millionth time today, I can truly say, hand on heart, I cannot wait for spring!

This blasted weather makes me want to sleep in in the mornings, live in my pyjamas & spend my days wrapped up in blankets, watching classics, like Casablanca, with Mr Pig asleep beside me.  

At times like these, we all need comforting food & what better, than a hearty & simple soup, like this one:

Broccoli & Sweet Potato Soup


This delicious & simple to make soup, from the never homemaker blog, is just perfect for wet windy days.  It requires very little effort, but is tasty, healthy & warming.  The great thing is, it's easily adaptable, if you fancy changing things up & trying out your own combinations of winter vege, like using butternut squash instead of sweet potato, or peas instead of broccoli.  The combinations are endless.

What's your favourite soup?

4 comments:

  1. I have all the ingredients so will have to try making this! Usually I stick to tomato and basil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw brilliant! You'll have to let me know how it turned out! :)

      Delete
    2. Well I made it earlier and it was delicious! Will definitely make it again so thanks for sharing it on your blog (which is lovely by the way)

      Delete
    3. Oh yay, I'm so pleased! Thank you for letting me know how you got on & thank you for reading! :)

      Delete