3.2.14

REVIEW: Dr Organic Manuka Honey Shampoo & Conditioner

After bleaching & dying my hair, over & over again, for countless years, I finally put down the corrosive products & left my hair to breath.  One long year later, in a further bid to save my locks, I cut ten inches off the length, just before leaving on my travels last summer.

Although my hair is now in much better condition, I wanted to continue the good work, by investing in a natural & enriching shampoo & conditioner.  Perusing the options available, I decided to try out Dr Organic Manuka Honey Shampoo & Conditioner.



Claiming to be 'restoring', 'regenerating' & 'nourishing', they seemed perfect for me at the moment & the rich smell of honey was divine!  For once, I was actually looking forward to washing my hair!  But, oh how I was disappointed by the results.

Once fully rinsed out, my hair felt dry, like straw & not silky smooth, like I was hoping.  After naturally drying, even argan oil couldn't tame the frizz & so, up it went into a bun, where it stayed until requiring a wash again.

Downhearted, I emailed Dr Organic, to pass on my experience of their products & explain my disappointment & a few days later, I received a less than welcome response.  Their customer services department, essentially tried to tell me that, it was not their products that were the issue, but in fact my hair.  I had supposedly picked the wrong range for my hair type & that it would take time for my hair to adapt to chemical free products.

Less than impressed, I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt & so kept using the products, in the hope that things would improve, but alas, the results remained the same.  To further prove my point, mère, who has strictly used organic, chemical free products for over twenty years, decided to try them out & she too found the results to be the same; dried out, straw like hair.

I'm afraid, on this occasion, Dr Organic have not only failed at providing products that work, but they have also failed at good customer service as well.

4 comments:

  1. It's not my brand either. I used to work in a shop where we sold it. We got quite a few customer complaints saying they had allergic reactions to the products. My teenage daughter tried to use the dead see night cream hoping it would be soothing for her eczema. It only made it worse... Organic or not, Dr. O is not coming home with me anymore ;-) nice blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! The problem is, there are plenty of reviews out there recommending products, but not enough honest ones telling you which to avoid. So then you don't know they're useless until you've wasted money on them! It is also important to know that, unlike food products, cosmetics aren't required to be certified, in order to call themselves organic. Which is very misleading really. Thank you for reading, I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  2. I really like the Dr. Organic tea tree face wash, but their moisturisers are total fails!!! I really like Lavera products (also vegan friendly!) and the Dead Sea Spa stuff (vegan too!), and Green people (vegan and made in the UK!!). PS. Best of luck with your change to vegan, I went vegan 4 years ago and have never regretted or looked back from then. Make sure you check out the Postpunk kitchen and Isa Chandra Moscowitz (if you haven't already), for recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I had some of their toothpaste & although I didn't realise it had fluoride in it, which I try to avoid, I have to say it's been quite good. These products though were a total fail & waste of money. I hate poor customer service too! I've used Green People before & I really like them, not tried Lavera or Dead Sea Spa yet though, so I'll give them a try, thank you. I'll definitely check out the Postpunk Kitch & Isa Chandra Moscowitz for their recipes too. Thank you for the suggestions! :)

      Delete