14.3.13

When I awoke, you spoke through the mist of the mystic bliss.

I've been home for a little while now & I've really appreciated getting back to a sea view.


I've gone back to working part-time & am mostly spending my free time eating cake with friends.

My friend Suz came for a visit last Monday & we went to the Cupcake Café for breakfast, which consisted of giant chunks of cake & milkshakes.  It's never too early for cake!


I may have indulged in a fry-up for lunch...
But we did at least take a long walk along the beach, so that cancels it all out...kinda.

In continuation of my cake eating; it was my friend Maria's birthday last week, so I thought I would whip my Primrose Bakery Book out & try out another recipe.  I made raspberry cupcakes with white chocolate buttercream icing, sprinkled with edible gold glitter, naturally.  They seemed to go down quite well.



Despite all this cake eating, I am attempting to lose the weight I gained in London & have abandoned my car on the drive & am walking the 3.5mile round trip to work each day.  I'm knackered & my legs & bum really hurt, but I'm hoping that's a good sign & I'll have matchstick legs by the time the weather heats up!

I think Mr Pig is happy I'm home.  I've missed his snuggles.


He had surgery a little while before I left for London & now he's been left with a floppy ear.
He's such a patchwork dog, but I love him.

2013 is very much about finding what makes me happy.  So far this has included spending time with friends, indulging my sweet tooth & snuggles with Pig.  I'm really looking forward to the weather heating up, being able to get my little tanned legs out, planting lavender in the garden & reading my new Eva Rice book.  Yes, I am a (soon to be) twenty six year old granny & you know what, I'm totes cool with that.  Plus, I've got a little adventure I'm planning with Miss Wall, (details to come) which I'm really looking forward to.

x

6 comments:

  1. The cake and milkshakes look so good. I have been overindulging a little lately but not to worry. It all balances out in the end.

    You don't need to lose weight, you're already beautiful! <3

    Such a sweet little dog. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious! I can't say no to banana milkshake! I like to think all the walking is burning off my indulgences!

      You're too kind, thank you! You're equally très belle! <3

      x

      Delete
  2. Totally loving this post!
    The whole granny situ THE way forward. We will grow old together! And am so up for the whole shakes and cakes for breakfast in two weeks girlfriend! We are going to hang out loads more this year! And that is a promise!
    I love pig!
    And super looking forward to our mini adventure.

    Hugs and welcome back!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely!
      Aw, old ladies with our pastel hued hair. We shall wake up & go for a sweet breakfast when you come for your visit, which I am very much looking forward to! I would very much like to spend more time with you, our get-togethers are often so few & far between!

      {BIG HUGS}

      x

      Delete